Sunday 28 December 2014

Lost in London

Remember when we got
the eighteen past eleven train
from Cambridge
to Kings Cross.
And somewhere between
Tottenham Court
and Soho
we got lost?

And you got really angry
because you swore
you knew
the way.
And you wouldn't stop
apologising
no matter
what i'd say.

But this place that
you had taken me
really was
perfection.
Despite being
20 minutes walk
in the wrong
direction.

And you know
how well attached we are
to the feeling of being
intangible.
And that feeling
followed us round
that night,
"I'll do what you command me to."

And I broke the
law that night
I counted in
my head.
As I swam through
all the feelings -
sensations
I thought were dead.

Remember looking
through a window
at a stranger in
Pulp Fiction?
And we talked about
distracting him
while you stole food
from his kitchen.

But instead we just
discussed in depth
our love for
Christopher Walken.
And decided
that it must be fate
to have this much
in common.

And we spent 3 nights
in London,
proud of our
spontaneous-ness.
And we never
got to Soho,
but we swelled with our
self righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment